You smell good. In research at the Chicago-based Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, research discovered that certain food scents trigger sexual arousal in men and women. No odor diminished male arousal and lesson: always wear perfume.
Which scents have the best aphrodisiac effect and stimulates arousal in men?
1. Pumpkin Pie + Lavender The scent of pumpkin pie (especially when combined with the smell of lavender) increased arousal in 40 percent of men. The Foundation theorized that the men in their study may have reacted to the vanilla and cinnamon in the pumpkin pie, both of which have been claimed to have aphrodisiac qualities. The Perfume: Boy Toy
2. Jasmine Dr. Craig Warren claims that jasmine is the most sensual of all natural scents. It has been used for its erotic properties in Asian countries going back to antiquity. The delicate white flower contains a compound known as indole, which is also found in abundance around human genitals.
3. Black Licorice Licorice contains phytoestrogen sterols, which affect sex hormones (estrogen and testosterone levels), although exactly how and to what degree has not yet been fully determined. Mix with a bit of Jelly Doughnut for a truly irresistible mix. The Perfume: Licorice
4. Cinnamon Almost everyone (besides evil people and assholes) would agree that cinnamon is one of the most pleasant aromas on the planet. In one study, the smell of cinnamon rolls increased penile blood flow more than any other scent. The Perfume: Cinnamon Sugar
5. Vanilla It's long been believed that vanilla is a natural aphrodisiac: as early as the 1700s, physicians recommended it to male patients to ensure potency. And the guys at AskMen.com say the sweet, welcoming odor has a euphoric effect that sets the sensual mood.
6. Banana Nut Bread This delicious scent was found to have almost as powerful an effect on female arousal as the combination of licorice and cucumber. Guys, if you really want to make her yours, whip her up a dinner with no main course—just a cucumber salad as the appetizer, with freshly baked banana nut bread and Good and Plenty for dessert.
7. Citrus Listen up, ladies—one study showed that if you smell like pink grapefruit, men automatically assume you’re younger than you are. In once study, the scent of orange aroused 20% of men. Two more options with dual aphrodisiac notes: Orange Creamsicle adds a hint of creamy vanilla. While the second, Orange Clove has a bit of spice for a lingering after glow.